Miriah Peterson graduated from Brigham Young University in 2017 with a Bachelor’s degree in Physics. She attended one semester of graduate school at the University of Oklahoma in 2017, but dropped out to start a career as a software engineer.
Currently a Data Engineer at Weave in Lehi, Utah, Miriah focuses on scaling data infrastructure platforms and pipelines.
Sharing knowledge and experiences is a focus Miriah’s career. She has given many talks on machine learning, data engineering, and data architecture strategy. Additionally she works in the community as a board member for the Forge Foundation Inc and organizer of GoWest Conference, WomenWhoGo Utah meetup, and Machine Learning Utah meetup.
- Utah Go User Group
- GoWest Conference
- Women Who Go + Allies
- Machine Learning Utah
- Kubernetes Utah
- Forge Utah Foundation (link coming soon)
Go, Python, SQL, BASH
Jupyter, NSQ, Kafka, Nats, Kubernetes, Docker, grpc
Postgres, Mysql, Bigquery, Vitess
- Forge Foundation Inc, Lehi,UT — Board Member
Feb 2020 - Present
- Non-profit that provides educational opportunities through meetups, conferences and workshops
- Weave, LehiUT —Data Engineer
Jan 2019 - Present
- Build out Data platform for 3rd party data ingress
- Run ML-guild where engineers learn ml skills and build/train new models
- Data systems include Kafka, Vitess, GCP Cloud Storage, AI platform
- Deciderlab Ltd, —Machine Learning Consultant
June 2019 - July 2019
- Apply Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning technique on end to end speech synthesis model
- Nav Technologies Inc, Draper UT — Associate Software Engineer
Feb 2018 - Jan 2019
- Worked on a 3 man team to build and maintain a data pipeline that connects to major credit bureaus such as Experian.
- Built and maintained unit tests for all systems
- Connected ML models from AWS Sagemaker to microservices.
- Languages used: Go, Python
Brigham Young University, Provo UT — BS in Physics
August 2012 - August 2017
Thesis: Calibration of a High-Throughput Spectrometer for Measuring Hyper Rayleigh Scattering